Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 1: Getting started

Getting started blogging is tougher than I thought. Thinking that I would compose blogs containing lots of thought-provoking ideas didn't seem to appear so I decided to keep my thoughts simple or able to fit in a nutshell. Even though this is my first post and is one that I am quite late in publishing, I have been reading the blogs published by others and have enjoyed them. I think the 23Things idea is a great one and I have already learned new things.

Web 2.0 contains more ways to connect socially than I realized. I have had a Facebook account for about a year and have really enjoyed catching up with old friends and keeping in touch with family. I really don't understand Twitter and why people want to know what other people are doing every second of the day. They must have more free time than I do. The list of other ways to socialize seems to be growing as I see icons that I am unfamiliar with at the bottom of many pages. Reading blogs has never been a hobby of mine, but I have read several interesting ones since beginning this journey. Although another time-eater is not something that I really need, I find myself wanting to read a few of them regularly and get caught up hitting the "next blog" button. Looking forward to writing about Week 2 although still playing catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment